Skriven 2009-05-17 22:29:00 av JIM WELLER (1:123/140)
     Kommentar till en text av DAVE SACERDOTE
Ärende: Re: 598 unrelated
=========================
-=> Quoting Dave Sacerdote to Michael Loo <=-

 ML> Which makes me note that this place hasn't exactly been
 ML> hopping lately.

 DS> I noticed that as well; I've been too busy out in the yard with spring
 DS> activities to do much more than skim, but try to catch up on weekends.
 DS> Wet Sunday mornings like this one are always a good time to read the
 DS> echo.

And I too am heading ito my busy season and only seem to have time
to post on weekends.

MMMMM-----Meal-Master - formatted by MMCONV  2.10

     Title: Fav Grilled Cheese Variations Pt1
Categories: Grill, Cheese, Sandwiches
  Servings: 4

           Grilled cheese sandwiches

Grilled Cheese #7 by Angie: "Layer on light rye bread soft brie
cheese and then a couple slices of tomato, season with salt and
pepper, then add a thin slice of ham and then add some more brie
cheese on top. Put on the top slice of bread and lightly butter both
sides of the bread (to make it easier butter one side first put it
face down into the hot frying pan and then butter the other side)
then put your sandwich into your hot frying pan and fry each side
until nice and golden brown and your brie cheese has started to
melt. yummy."

Grilled Cheese #9 by Kathy: "My version of a great grilled cheese: I
use aged cheddar and sliced onions. I slice the cheese and onions
and build it in layers. After buttering the bread, I place the
butter side down in the frying pan and put a layer of cheese then a
layer of onions then another layer of cheese on the bread and top
with bread, buttered on the outside. It sounds strange but the combo
of onion and cheese is very very good, well tis to me. Try it, you
might like it too!"

Grilled Cheese #14 by Ella: "My ultimate grilled cheese sandwich was
a treat I made for myself on a cold day over the holidays that
really hit the spot! I used a nice rye bread spread with pesto and
put a layer of sliced homemade roasted red pepper, a few pieces of
baby spinach and then a generous crumbling of goatâ€Ös cheese and a
quick crackle of black pepper to finish it off. It was so simple,
but the goat cheese and roasted red peppers were both fantastically
rich and smooth and the baby spinach added a nice lighter green
element with the pesto. I grilled it in my George Foreman Grill
which I actually find quite nice for pressing all the ingredients
together and really helping the flavours meld."

Grilled Cheese #23 by Debbie: "Butter marble rye bread. Pour on the
grated medium cheddar cheese, and add a couple of strips of bacon,
and a little chopped onion. Grill in a hot frying pan. Grill until
golden brown. Cut in half and stretch the cheese as far as you can.
Warning, bacon may slide out with this action, but so what. It"s
finger food. Excellent if served with a bowl of tomato soup on the
side."

Grilled Cheese #36 by Meaghan: "My Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
You'll need: 2 slices of bread, buttered. 1-3 mushrooms sliced.
2-3 slices of bacon Fontina Cheese -as much or as little as you
like. Slice your favorite mushrooms and cook in a pan until golden
brown. Remove from heat and set aside. Cook your bacon - I've been
using turkey bacon to cut some of the fat. Remove from heat. Butter
your slices of bread - I've even gone as far as using foccacia buns
to mix things up if I'm feeling extra indulgent. Assemble mushrooms,
bacon and grated cheese onto open sandwich. Close sandwich place
back into frying pan or onto sandwich maker and cook until golden
brown. Enjoy!"

Grilled Cheese #38 by Andrea: "Light rye bread, buttered on both
sides" inside: a hearty squiggle of honey mustard, slices of Royal
Gala apple, slices of aged white cheddar and finely chopped fresh
rosemary. Delicious!"

Grilled Cheese #41 by Toni: "Growing up Italian I missed out on
eating grilled cheese sandwiches, until I would say grade 7. I used
to go over to my girlfriends house during lunch, and her mother
would make them for us…of course when offered what we wanted for
lunch, I always asked for grilled cheese. I have since perfected the
grilled cheese to my taste which includes an Italian touch to it. I
know in those days I ate it on white bread, and it was amazing and
still is on white bread but now I prefer my version, which my family
loves. I buy the sliced round Italian bread (makes bigger
sandwiches) I slice some old cheddar, top it with sundried tomatoes,
roasted red peppers, and few caramelized onions. Pour some of the
oil from the sundried tomatoes into the pan grill both sides until
the cheese is just melted and the bread turns crispy golden brown.
The taste is so amazing you may not even need to use ketchup. (I
still do, it brings back happy memories) guarantee a sure hit with
your family. Oh, I almost forgot you need to serve it with a big
cold glass of chocolate milk! Enjoy."

One of our editors, Donna Paris, and I, want Toni to know it's a
disgrace he's eating this sandwich with chocolate milk instead of a
nice glass of red wine.

  From: Wendy Hunt To: Foodwine

Cheers

YK Jim

... Celebrate May 25: National Wine Day. Drink the House wine.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20 [NR]
 * Origin: Doc's Place BBS Fido Since 1991 docsplace.tzo.com (1:123/140)